MIKUNI RS Flatslide Smoothbore Carburetors
Mikuni RS flat slide carburetors were designed for hot rod street bikes as well as drag bikes They feature an accelerator pump to make street operation as smooth as oem type carbs. These carbs are fully tunable.
Designed for in-line four cylinder performance motorcycles, the Mikuni RS Series Radial Flat Slide Carburetors offer superior horsepower gains with their maximum flowing smoothbore induction tract and radial flat slide design. An adjustable accelerator pump system helps to provideinstant throttle response, particularly in the lower RPM range. The RS Series Carburetors feature a compact design which is 25% lighter than other performance
Carburetors and uses readily available Mikuni jets. Available sizes : RS34, RS36, RS38 and RS40mm.
Features of the RS Series Carburetors
• Adjustable Pump Adjust Screws. Sets ON and OFF operation of accelerator pump in relation to throttle slide position.
• Throttle Return Spring. A choice of positioning pegs allow adjustment of spring tension.
• Idle Adjustment Screw. Controls engine idle speed.
• Adjustment Accelerator Pump. Squirts fuel into carburetor venturi when throttle is opened to improve engine response.
• Starter System. Provides fuel enrichment for cold engine starting.
• Adjustable Pump Spray Nozzle. Shoots fuel directly into the intake tract for immediate engine response..
• Jet Needle Clip. Easy adjustment feature for quick adjustment.
• Flat Throttle Valve Design. Provides the strongest signal for precise and instantaneous throttle response.
• Float Bowl Vent. Allows atmospheric pressure into float bowl for fuel flow.
• Smooth Throttle Bore/Venturi. Produces the optimum air and fuel mixture flow at all RPM’s.
• Genuine Mikuni Jets and Tuning Components. Provides for precise fuel metering.
• Pilot Air Jet. Use in conjunction with the Pilot Fuel Screw fortuning of mixture at idle to 1/4 throttle.
Available in 34, 36, 38 and 40mm bore sizes with different carb spacing for particular bike applications and with different jetting to match engine modifications. Please see application chart listing on next page